You are here

Payment of Criminal Debt

The U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama accepts payments for Criminal Debt several ways:
Walk-in Payments - We accept cash, cashier’s checks, money orders, and credit cards at our Birmingham and Huntsville locations.  Note: We do not accept credit cards at our office for Restitution.  
Mail - Money Orders or Cashier’s Checks made payable to Clerk, U.S. District Court can be mailed to: 
1729 5th Ave N. 
Birmingham, AL 35203
Make sure you legibly print your full name and case number (if you know it) on your payment.  If you would like a receipt mailed to you, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your payment.  Do not send cash in the mail!
Online via - If you owe a Criminal Debt, you may be able to pay online via If you are interested in paying your Criminal Debt online, please contact your Probation Officer.  If you are no longer on probation, contact the Financial Department at the Clerk’s office 205-278-1700.  If you have already been set up for this method of payment, below are some helpful links. Instructions: Links:
Reminder: Personal Checks are not accepted for Criminal Debt.
The returned item fee is $53.  This applies to any form of payment that does  not settle for any reason.